Our engineers are people how to take responsibility and ownership for a full technical buildout, and who have the potential to lead a full team (and possibly multiple teams over time), but isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty and build product, especially in the early days. You will work directly with executive leadership to direct, drive and implement our technical strategy, building out our platform as we scale to work with our team of engineers.
What You’ll Do
Build software! We are going to need you to work on the continued development of our platform.
- Mentor, grow, and empower development teams by giving them the skills, confidence, and motivation to make decisions independently that lead to their personal and professional success, and enable them to become technical leaders.
- Lead in prioritization efforts with cross-functional stakeholders and senior leadership. Your input and opinions are welcomed, as this role is not a “take orders and build” position. We are looking for an autonomous self-starter that wants to meaningfully drive and enhance the performance of the business through the technology we are building. We expect you to develop a deep knowledge of the business context for the technology you are building, understand our KPIs, and help implement and achieve results through the technology.
- Take an active role in driving and evolving the roadmap for our Engineering team.
- Participate in deep technical design discussions within your team, and across partner teams, and ensure that we're building the right systems and keeping the quality high.
- Provide a strong technical and architectural vision for platforms, systems, and infrastructure.
- Provide input into software lifecycle, improvement, and standardization strategies.
- Develop internal SOPs, processes, documentation, and training to ensure that team members have the needed skills and tools to support the production environments and deliver on project commitments.
- Work to automate management tasks, streamline processes, and improve reliability, uptime, efficiency, consistency, and security throughout the software and infrastructure.
- Work to comply with all cyber security measures needed to implement product at financial institutions.
- Drive technical projects to success and provide leadership in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Conduct regular check-ins and 1-1s with team members.
- Think critically about the long-term career development of team members.
Fluent in english or native speaker.
- Experience in software development, working on robust, complex systems that serve a high volume of users.
- Experience building enterprise software for financial services firms, banks, edtech and/or law firms is a plus.
- Creative problem solver who can draw upon deep technical expertise to solve complex, multi-layered problems.
- People management experience leading engineering teams.
- A strong appreciation for engineering best practices and quality over quantity of work.
- A passion for bringing great products into our world through collaboration and ingenuity.
- A knack for effective and clear communication in all circumstances.
- Experience with multiple front-end (React.js, etc.) and back-end programming languages, distributed (multi-tiered) systems, microservices, algorithms, and relational/NoSQL databases.
- Ability to understand, diagnose, and effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions and handle ambiguous problems and make the tradeoffs without compromising quality.
- Desire to help other junior team members learn and ability to explain highly complex issues in simple terms and provide context.