In 2014 at a cafe in the Netherlands, the idea of Xpirit was born. Three passionate Azure Cloud technologists came together to create a company with a respectful, authentic, psychologically safe culture where experienced and ‘Xpirited’ individuals could collaborate while creating incredible software development solutions. Over the years, we have established a reputation as Azure experts - we received the Microsoft Global DevOps Partner of the Year award in 2018 and 2019, and we employ the largest number of Microsoft MVPs in one single company worldwide. We are now a Microsoft Gold Partner and GitHub Verified Partner with a global presence, and as of June 2022, we are excited to announce that we have a new base in the United States!
Our U.S. division, led by Microsoft Regional Director and MVP, Esteban Garcia, has a mission to grow our team with the belief that the people we hire are what makes a company great. Our employees set the tone for the culture and the success of the business from the very beginning of the recruitment process onward. It is with great pleasure we announce we are seeking Azure Solutions Architects for a remote opportunity with Xpirit USA!
Benefits we are proud to provide:
- 100% Remote work opportunities
- 401K with a 4% employer match
- 3 weeks of PTO
- 10 holidays
- 2 weeks Sick Leave
- We invest in employees’ professional development goals and cover the cost of certifications pursued
- Fully compensated travel for work events and conferences
- Annual company get together
- Health, vision, and dental packages provided
- Company laptop provided
- Monthly phone reimbursements
This is a full-time position in the United States with the ability to work from home, or from one of our U.S. based offices if local and preferred.
This role supports an individual with a passion for developing and operating workloads running on Microsoft Azure, with a focus on helping teams to improve their DevOps practices. The qualified candidate will be proficient in cloud-native software development as well as deploying and operating solutions in Azure. As a DevOps Consultant, the candidate will be able to provide real-world, hands-on guidance in developing distributed cloud solutions and implementing DevOps patterns and practices to build and run these solutions in a cloud environment. In addition, the candidate will have Application Lifecycle Management experience using Azure DevOps or GitHub to implement these DevOps practices for full automation on testing, deployment and release. This role requires a thorough understanding of how to provision and monitor Azure based solutions. This is a Senior to Expert level role in software development and operations with a corresponding skill level in Azure and Azure DevOps. Individuals in this role will be expected to be able to obtain a status of “Microsoft Certified: Azure DevOps Engineer Expert” (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/certifications/azure-devops), and should be capable of passing the AZ-400 exam (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/certifications/exams/az-400).
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess customer capabilities and create a DevOps roadmap for customers, including guidance on incorporating DevOps best practices into their software delivery process.
- Automate systems and infrastructure needed to support cloud-native solutions, accounting for ambiguity and anticipated changes as necessary, using DevOps patterns and practices
- Present audience-appropriate explanations of technical solution details and DevOps practices to all levels of an organization (CxO, management, technical team)
- Work hands-on to create proof-of-concepts to demonstrate ideas and concepts that may be foreign to customers or prospects
Desired Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of continuous testing, integration, and deployment for cloud solutions
- Strong understanding of Scrum, Agile Development, and Application Lifecycle Management with a DevOps mindset, with an ability to explain core concepts
- Hands-on experience with Azure DevOps or GitHub, with the ability to setup projects and implement complete CI/CD pipelines
- Hands on experience using Git version control solutions and branching strategies
- Able to work with a mix of Microsoft and open-source technologies to deliver cloud-scale deployments
- Experiences with both Windows and Linux environments
- Advanced knowledge of the .NET development platform, and at least C# programming language
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code solutions
- Comfortable scripting solutions with PowerShell and Bash
- Knowledgeable on ARM provisioning using Bicep or Terraform templates
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, or containerization is a plus
- Experience migrating TFS to Azure DevOps (or upgrading TFS versions) is a plus
- Experience with Jenkins, Octopus, Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2015+, Azure DevOps Server, and similar technologies is a plus
- Microsoft AZ-400 certification a plus
Minimum Experience Required
- 3+ years of experience with .NET application development
- 3+ years designing and building Azure DevOps solutions
- 3+ years of experience developing and deploying on Azure
- Experience with Linux and Windows
Xpirit is growing within the US with the goal of hiring incredible people we can invest in while simultaneously providing the highest level of custom software development and architecture expertise to our clients. Xpirit is a top Microsoft Gold Partner with multiple Microsoft MVPs and Microsoft Regional Directors – if you want to work in an enthusiastic environment that prioritizes learning and growth, Xpirit is the place to be!
Salary range: Competitive with market, based on level of seniority