In 2014 at a cafe in the Netherlands, the idea of Xpirit was born. Three passionate Azure Cloud technologists came together to create a company with a respectful, authentic, psychologically safe culture where experienced and ‘Xpirited’ individuals could collaborate while creating incredible software development solutions. Over the years, we have established a reputation as Azure experts - we received the Microsoft Global DevOps Partner of the Year award in 2018 and 2019, and we employ the largest number of Microsoft MVPs in one single company worldwide. We are now a Microsoft Gold Partner and GitHub Verified Partner with a global presence, and as of June 2022, we are excited to announce that we have a new base in the United States!
Our U.S. division, led by Microsoft Regional Director and MVP, Esteban Garcia, has a mission to grow our team with the belief that the people we hire are what makes a company great. Our employees set the tone for the culture and the success of the business from the very beginning of the recruitment process onward. It is with great pleasure we announce we are seeking Azure Solutions Architects for a remote opportunity with Xpirit USA!
Benefits we are proud to provide:
100% Remote work opportunities
401K with a 4% employer match
3 weeks of PTO
2 weeks Sick Leave
We invest in employees’ professional development goals and cover the cost of certifications pursued
Fully compensated travel for work events and conferences
Annual company get together
Health, vision, and dental packages provided
Company laptop provided
Monthly phone reimbursements
This is a full-time position in the United States with the ability to work from home, or from one of our U.S. based offices if local and preferred.
What will the Solution Architect be doing day to day?
The Azure Cloud Solutions Architect role is a career path for individuals who are thought leaders, technical evangelists, and experts at engaging clients to help them design, scope, and deliver high-level designs and solution architecture that define industry standards and best practices. Cloud Solution Architects are self-assured, curious, and continual learners who are always working on developing their skills to deliver to our clients and to develop our consultant team. A Cloud Solution Architect takes ownership in customer success from pre-sales to envisioning, scoping, and delivering Azure cloud solutions and solutions that integrate Azure with existing legacy platforms and on-premises solutions.
- Pre-sales leadership
- Work with stakeholders to understand their requirements and limitations.
- Help our sales team in identifying customer issues.
- Work with our sales team to produce compelling and cutting-edge solutions proposals while scoping and estimating the work for our consulting division. You will be facilitating technical discussions for the sales team in identifying solutions for customer issues as needed throughout multi-phase engagements.
- Assist in creating a Statement of Work based on customer meetings.
- Develop and evolve company service offerings. Work with sales team to develop demand-generation materials, and with technical team to develop delivery guidelines and other materials to support standard delivery practices.
- Create and lead customer workshops and POCs to validate and discover cloud capabilities
- Work with customers to define the scope of POCs and lead workshops to create working software demonstrating cloud capabilities.
- Provide guidance to other consultants and customer throughout the duration of workshops and POC development.
- Provide technical architecture for customer engagements.
- Ensure that technical implementation meets customer requirements during engagements
- Provide guidance to consultants to ensure that project outputs are in compliance with the overall architecture.
- Ability to architect large, heterogenous projects, including coordinating with team experts as required.
- Ability to perform formal architecture reviews of software systems within their core competencies and to coordinate technical and architectural reviews with team experts as required.
- Confidently, clearly, and concisely communicate architectural decisions and reasoning to clients and management, communicating successfully with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Interact with clients throughout all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Collaborative and communicative team player who can effectively work independently and with others.
- Previous experience in a technical leadership role as a Solution Architect or Technical Architect (or similar) is ideal.
- Full stack development (.NET Core C#, ASP.NET Core MVC, JQuery) experience
- A strong understanding of Microservices, Domain Driven Design, and Integration patterns
- Hands on experience with Azure PaaS (3+ years) including AKS, Service Bus, Storage, Cosmos DB, Logic Apps, Azure DevOps, GitHub.
- Knowledge of DevOps approaches to the software lifecycle and their impact on solution architecture.
- Understanding on the pricing model of Azure services and its impact on solution architecture.
- Strong level of comfort speaking and presenting to all levels of an organization, including the C-suite.
- Additional understanding of scaling models for services on Azure.
- Solid level of comfort with Terraform, ARM templates, PowerShell, Azure CLI.
- An understanding of security and threat models (OWASP top ten).
- Demonstrable experience of Azure Deployments within the last 2+ years for production workload.
- Additional capabilities writing clear and concise technical documentation.
- Deep passion for learning new Azure services, features, integrations, and enhancements and for sharing that with our internal staff and the greater community. You will be a thought leader sharing your expertise via blogs, social media, conference presentation, and other community participation.
- Expert understanding and hands-on experience designing, deploying, and monitoring Azure-based solutions that support high availability and disaster recovery
- Experience designing and implementing enterprise application design patterns and architectures
- Comfortable acting in the role of an architectural lead with customers, making presentations, and leading white-boarding sessions.
Xpirit is growing within the US with the goal of hiring incredible people we can invest in while simultaneously providing the highest level of custom software development and architecture expertise to our clients. Xpirit is a top Microsoft Gold Partner with multiple Microsoft MVPs and Microsoft Regional Directors – if you want to work in an enthusiastic environment that prioritizes learning and growth, Xpirit is the place to be!